BMS (Building Management System) is like a brain which controls and optimises the building environment in a thoughtful and smart way. You can use it to reduce the facility maintenance costs and ensure the comfort and safety of the residents.
No two are identical buildings. Each building requires a different treatment due to technology and equipment requirements. They have to work together effectively and have to be properly integrated so as to provide a bespoke Building Management System.
A modern BMS consists of control and monitoring devices connected to a standard building automation network. Building Management System is a tool that allows you to control ventilation, air conditioning, heating, security systems, electrical systems, lighting and plumbing systems.
BMS is an integral part of efficient visualization in the PC that allows you to observe the processes taking place in the building. Thus the user is kept informed about the status of various devices and systems, as well as any failures and irregularities.
Building Management System, also known as Building Automation System, can be applied both in small buildings (e.g. single-family homes) and in multi-storey buildings with a large surface area (e.g. shopping centres).
What can you gain?
- Management of technical installations from one location (the node – in the case of large buildings or a wall controller – for smaller buildings)
- Integration of existing systems in the building
- Ability to follow events, equipment operation status, building parameters and remote control of the building systems from the outside using the Web Server
- Reduced building maintenance costs and the opportunity to contribute to the protection of the environment. BMS provides noticeable energy savings thanks to appropriate algorithms of switching devices and control of heat flow
- Monitoring the quality of electricity
- Open system which can be expanded with new functionalities to the system
- Comfort and safety of the building
Fire safety management system is designed to control and monitor the condition of equipment which has impact on the efficient evacuation and protection against fire and smoke in the event of fire. The difference between this system and a conventional building management system (BMS) is virtually invisible. Namely, it is based on the fact that the system performs only those functions related to fire safety without providing additional comfort of the building.
Fire safety management system possesses the licenses and certificates required by law. It functions on the basis of complex matrices according to the fire control script, and comprises the following devices: fire zone flap gates and valves, fans, smoke flaps and vents, automatic curtains, etc.
Launching such an integrated system means taking control of all autonomous control panels and control devices such as gates, escalators, lifts, etc. At the same time, the role of the fire alarm system panel is limited to detection-related activities.
In the event of a threat, the system provides rational, strong and collision-free processing of all incoming information. Thanks to integration of graphical user interface with well-prepared plans, it is possible to identify the location of the event.
Correct configuration of the system makes all data concerning the events (e.g. bulkheads, escape routes, distances, and evacuation zones) can be visualized, processed and passed on. The system also allows for the integration of technical data such as sensor numbers, type and location of the check, or the location. It is also possible to insert in the text of guidelines for emergency services (police and fire brigades) or special notes describing the action taken.
What can you gain?
- High safety profile of the building in case of fire
- Efficient evacuation of the building residents
- Ability to instantly locate the source of fire
- On-going global monitoring of the facility and efficient processing of all data
- Instant contact with intervention services (police, fire brigade).